Green celeriac mushroom - mushroom

Green celeriac mushroom - mushroom

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.


Surname: Green celeriac mushroom
Other names: Green poison amanita
Latin name: Amanita phalloides
mushroom family: Pearling relatives
Number of species: /
circulation area: now worldwide
toxicity: highly toxic
contained poisons: Amatoxins and phallotoxins
Locations: often near oaks and red beech
Appearance: light green hat
GrцЯeHat (up to 14cm in diameter), stem (about 5-15cm)
use: no use possible (highly toxic mushroom!)


All information is for educational purposes only and is not suitable for identifying edible mushrooms / toadstools. Eat or Never use found mushrooms without appropriate expertise! Depending on the mushroom, only a few grams can be fatal.

Interesting facts about the green tuber-leaf mushroom

Of the Green tuber-leaf mushroom or Amanita phalloides belongs to a family of amanita and is known for its life-threatening toxicity to humans.
This mycorrhizal fungus is mainly involved with oak symbiotic compounds. It grows in moderately moist and nutrient-rich soils and otherwise has little requirement on their quality or pH. In addition to oaks, the green tuber-leaf fungus is also found often near red beech and appears in groups or solitary in deciduous forests, more rarely in coniferous forests throughout Europe, Japan, China, North America and the Caucasus. By trade in oak, the green tuber-leaf fungus was also deported to Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South America.
From July to October, a fruitcup grows from the semi-subterranean tuber. Its hat, which is up to fourteen centimeters wide, appears globular in very young specimens and later spreads out flat. He is from light green to tender olive-green color and pale in old age. The hat skin is strong, easy to peel off and has white remnants of the velum, flaking the skin of the young mushroom. The cylindrical, appearing from white or greenish color stalk grows up to fifteen centimeters and is first filled and later hollow. Remnants of the velum can also be seen on the stem in the form of a white cuff.
The amatoxins and phallotoxins contained in the green tuber-leaf fungus are already fatal in a single consumed mushroom for an average-grown human. After a latency period of up to 24 hours, damage to the gastrointestinal tract and, finally, destruction of the liver cells occurs. These can not maintain the metabolism under the influence of the toxins, which leads within a few days to obesity and significant enlargement of the liver and eventually to damage of the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain and nerves. Four to seven days after the consumption of the fungus, if immediate medical help is not given, death from liver and organ failure occurs. Thus, the green tuberble mushroom is considered one of the most poisonous mushrooms in the world.